This is very easy and quick to make. I use these all through the Fall throughout the house. I keep flowers in some and candles in others. They are small enough that they can fit on any shelf, or as a grouping on the table.
2 Terra Cotta Pots – 2 ½ inches
3 Craft Paint – Base color, Accent color and Gold Overlay
Pipe Cleaner – Color to match your paint
Artificial Leaf and nut
Styrofoam Ball – to fit in the terra cotta pot
Water resistant, epoxy glue
Ribbon, Raffia or Twine
Hot Glue gun
Instructions First Side
1. Glue the terra cotta pots together and let the glue dry completely.
2. Paint both the pots the base color. Let dry
3. Paint the rim of the pots an alternating color. Let dry
4. With a rag, rub the gold paint over both pots.
5. Using the clean end of the rag, wipe off most of the gold paint, leaving on a small amount so it is just accenting the piece.
6. Hot glue the nut to the leaf and then both to the center of the pipe cleaner. Twist the pipe cleaner around the middle of the pots. Cut the ends close and push into the pipe cleaner.
7. Cut the bottom of the Styrofoam ball to fit into one side of the terra cotta pot. Cut it so it lays flat in the pot, and does not show above the rim.
8. Hot glue the Styrofoam ball to the inside of the terra cotta pot. Let set.
9. Hot glue some moss on the styrofoam to cover the entire ball. Let set.
10. Insert floral pic in the Styrofoam. (You may have to cut the stem if the pic does not sit at the top of the pot.
Instructions Second Side
1. Take out the floral pick and turn the terra cotta pot over
2. Insert a candle in the empty terra cotta pot, making sure the candle is secure.
3. Surround the candle with either small rocks or rice, then, cover them with moss.
4. Optional: Take the pipe cleaner off the pot and tie a ribbon, raffia or twine around the middle of the pots. You can embellish with a fresh herb clippings.