Gravy is such an important part of your meal. After all the preparation and care to cook the meat just right, you need a spectacular gravy to top it off. This is the gravy you need. It is fool-proof. Perfect gravy every time. You can make it to go with any meat. Make plenty and make it ahead of time, you’ll need it!!!
4 TBSP Butter
¼ Cup Shallots, finely chopped (onions can also be used)
2 TBSP Flour
2 Cups Low sodium Chicken Stock
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots or onions and season with a pinch of salt. Cook 5 minutes or until the shallots are soft.
2. Sprinkle the flour over the shallots and whisk until the flour is a light brown color. About 2 minutes.
3. While whisking, slowly pour in the chicken broth and whisk until the flour is incorporated and the mixture is smooth.
4. Simmer until the gravy thickens and the flavors meld. About 10 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper
6. Strain the gravy to remove the shallots/onions before serving (optional)